- 1 - 6# bone in leg of lamb
- 10 leeks – tops cut off
- 1 cup olive oil
- ½ cup roasted garlic, chopped
- ½ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup coarse pepper
- ¼ cup chopped oregano
- ¼ cup chopped thyme
- 1 cup red wine
- Pre heat oven to 250 degrees
- Combine the garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme and olive oil and make into a paste. Rub all over the leg of lamb
- Blanch the leeks in boiling water for 2-3 minute. Wrap the leg of lamb in the leek tops, using olive oil to help the leeks adhere to the meat
- Set the lamb on a baking dish. Add the red wine to the pan and put the lamb in to the oven.
- Cook until the internal temperature of the meat is 135 – 140 degrees for medium rare – approximately 2 ½ hours.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before carving. The internal temperature will rise another 5-10 degrees.
- Shave the lamb and serve
Courtesy of Superior Farms Lamb Lovers News
Mon, May 16, 2011
by Karin Sinclair filed under